Chartlon Athletic Football Club, The Valley, Floyd Rd, London
Sports Turf Operative Standard Level 2
Football stadium and Training Ground
- Team Player (E)
- Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work outdoors and in all weathers (E)
- Able to accept and carryout instructions (E)
- Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work in relation to playing surfaces as assigned by the Head Grounds man. Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
- Initial marking out and setting up of playing surfaces to a high standard undertaking all duties to ensure the best possible results are achieved.
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
- Inform the supervisor and where instructed, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
- At all times adhere to high standards in relation to Health and Safety upholding the Company policy in this respect.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
- Undertake general grounds maintenance tasks in relation to the playing surface and surrounding areas.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
- When dealing with customers / clients / public uphold high standards of customer care and attention at all times promoting the image of the Company.
Main job requirements and person specification:
- General Grounds Maintenance - Contribute to the upkeep/presentation of the site including verges, hedges & off-pitch areas.
- Mowing - Regular mowing of training areas using a variety of mowing equipment.
- Aeration, Brushing, Seeding etc.- Use of tractor units & utility vehicles with a wide range of attachments utilised for turf care maintenance.
- Marking out - To set-out & over mark pitches & pre-determined areas ready for play.
- Reinstatement Divotting - Divot repair work following play.
- Irrigation - Set-up & use both travelling & automated irrigation systems.
- Fertilizing - Apply appropriate sports turf granular fertilizer as directed as part of an annual nutritional programme.
- Matchday Preparation - Set-up goals, flags, etc. for scheduled matches at Development Squad & Academy levels.
- Artificial Surface Maintenance - Regular brushing/grooming 3G artificial surfaces using specialised equipment.
Process to apply:
Apply through Hadlow College
30 hours a week (on-Fri 8:00am to 3:00pm)
Friday, 31 May 2019 - 11:45pm
Apprenticeship wage (£3.90 per hour)
0208 333 4000