London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
London Stadium 185, operators of London Stadium at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, are looking to recruit a Skilled Groundsman. London Stadium is a multi-purpose venue that is now the new home of West Ham United Football Club and is also equipped to host concerts, Rugby Union and League, as well as top class athletics and other events.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the Grounds Management in providing and maintaining high standards of Groundsmanship within London Stadium, the adjoining community pitch or any of the company’s other venues.
• Provide and develop all grounds services within the stadium environment and adjoining community pitch to maintain company and professional standards.
• Assist Grounds Management to meet Key Performance Indicators and your personal objectives.
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements within the Company and your role.
• Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on the company’s pitches, meeting all physical requirements to effectively use all machinery.
• Ensure sufficient physical fitness to perform duties according to work schedules and rotas to include weekend and bank holiday hours.
• Undertake all preparatory and renovation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces.
• Performance testing approach to pitch management.
• Drive vehicles and handle equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations.
• Ensure vehicles and equipment are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements. Monitor the use of consumable items and spares and make arrangements for their replenishment.
• Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides, fertilisers and other similar substances.
• Management of third party contractors.
• Ensure grounds management are kept informed of progress of routine work and are notified of major issues when identified.
• Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
• Act to ensure subordinate staffs are adequately briefed on duties, able to execute them in the correct manner and complete the assigned workload.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
• Make recommendations to supervisor regarding improved work systems, labour and machinery utilization where indicated.
• Full time permanent position. Salary will be dependent upon experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge.
You will have NVQ Level 2, NPTC PA1, PA2, PA6 and five GCSEs A – C qualifications. Having, or working towards a NVQ Level 3 is desirable, as is holding a full driving licence.
Experience of pitch technology such as Irrigation, Undersoil Heating and Stadium Grow Lights is essential, as is a good working knowledge of Pitch Maintenance Machinery and Groundsmanship techniques. Awareness of relevant Health and Safety legislation and experience in Multi-use environment is a must for this role.
Formal training in manual handling, pitch presentation techniques to the highest international standards and competent sprayer operating skills are essential.
Personal qualities include excellent time management, attention to detail and a friendly and outgoing personality. A flexible approach to working hours, particularly weekends and bank holidays is a must. You should also possess the required physical fitness to complete the maintenance requirements and the physical strength to use machinery safely. Interests other than Groundsmanship will show your personal qualities.
How To Apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on Friday 15th December 2017. Please note, we are looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible.
About London Stadium 185:
VINCI Stadium’s subsidiary, London Stadium 185, will operate and maintain the Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for a period of 25 years. The Stadium has been transformed into a year round multi-use venue that will deliver a lasting sporting, cultural and community legacy in east London.
The operating company was named London Stadium 185, in honour of the 185 Olympic and Paralympic medals won at 2012 games by British Athletes.
Friday, 15 December 2017 - 8:00am
Competitive salary dependent on skills, experience and qualifications