Arsenal Football Club,London Colney, Hertfordshire.
Head Grounds Person
Arsenal Football Club – Premier League football club based in Islington, North London and founded in 1886.
Responsible for the preparation and running of the Emirates Stadium and wider facilities at other locations for all events and functions. Department remit includes property and facilities management, spectator safety at events, wider Health and Safety matters.
To liaise with the current Boreham Wood groundstaff in the day to day maintenance and the general upkeep of the Boreham Wood Playing surface.
Management responsibility for: Liaising with the current Boreham Wood staff regarding additional groundstaff requirements to deliver the required pitch quality, time management and the scheduling of pitch maintenance around the fixtures due to Boreham Woods’s ground staffs wider responsibilities to the stadium facility.
Reports to: Grounds Manager – Emirates Stadium and Hale End
Budgetary signing limit and commercial framework: N/A
- Effective management of all grounds activities to consistently achieve the recognized standards and availability to satisfy both the Club and its end users (e.g. coaches, players etc) requirements.
- Seek to improve and innovate more efficient ways of working and utilizing the facilities.
- Assist the Grounds Manager in the management of the surface for the end user.
- Implementation and monitoring of weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programs to ensure the required standard of surface presentation and use.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations in the area of responsibility.
- Possess a thorough understanding of legislation relating to chemicals and dangerous substances. Promote safe working practices at all times.
- Manage and check facilities, plant, buildings and equipment to ensure safe working practices and Health and Safety legislation compliance.
- Provide effective materials and machinery management to ensure all equipment is correctly stored, maintained and serviced.
- Conduct basic risk assessments, assist in developing contingency plans and be able to respond to emergencies. Actively promote safe practices of self and others. Respond to emergencies by using emergency equipment and calling assistance.
- Support the efficient use of resources. Gather and record information to develop trend data and analyse past usage. Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and the playing surfaces.
- Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas - use of turf cutters, edgers, scarification, and seeders
- Grass cutting and strimming around landscaped areas
- Pedestrian and ride on grass cutting equipment on football pitches and surrounds
- Marking out pitches
- Application of fertilisers and chemicals using tractor mounted and pedestrian equipment.
- Assisting in the renovation of pitches using equipment associated with this process e.g. tractor and trailer work, sand spreading
- Helping out with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags, seed bags ranging from 20-25kg
- Cleaning equipment stores and associated washdown areas
- Cleaning and maintaining goal posts, replacing nets etc
- Aeration work
- Pitch repair duties
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
- Working Arsenal fixtures and events held at the Boreham Wood stadium
Process to apply:
Apply via this link https://www.arsenaljobs.com/search-list?vacancyid=589
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
35 hours a week - flexible days and hours to meet requirements of the role including some evening and weekend working
Wednesday, 24 April 2019 - 11:45pm
Not disclosed at this stage