Fulham Football Club, South West London
Head Grounds Person - Craven Cottage
We are seeking a talented Head Groundsperson to manage and maintain our pitch at Craven Cottage. You will use your technical expertise to resolve routine and unusual complications and be accountable for the preparation, maintenance and presentation of the pitch at Craven Cottage ensuring that the highest standards are in place.
You will have previous demonstrable experience of managing playing surfaces, preferably within an elite sporting environment with appropriate Sports Turf Management Qualifications. A thorough understanding of relevant Health & Safety Regulations and previous experience with formal training in manual handling and the completion of risk assessments is required. You will also hold the PA1 & PA6 spraying certificates.
Candidates must have extensive experience of working with a variety of equipment and be competent in carrying out routine machinery checks. You will monitor the use of consumable items, their safe use, storage and disposal.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Gathering and recording information to develop trend data and analysis of past usage;
• Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and how this affects the playing surfaces;
• Maintain a management information and reporting system related to industry standard tests, facility usage, weather, maintenance, equipment, materials and manpower;
• Motivate & supervise staff to achieve work schedules and objectives;
• Work closely with contractors to ensure contract work is carried out to the required standards; and
• Train, develop and motivate staff to continuously develop their technical skills and experience.
• You will be an exceptional communicator with the ability and confidence to deal with colleagues and suppliers at every level. We are looking for an individual who can cope with the pressures of working under the spotlight whilst being able to keep their cool and deliver an excellent playing surface for our First Team Players throughout the football season.
• This is a full time permanent position predominately based at Craven Cottage with some work at the Training Ground. • Candidates must hold a full driving licence and be available to work match-days throughout the football season.
• 2 years supervisory experience
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
• NVQ Level 3 Amenity Horticulture and Sports Turf Maintenance or IOG National Intermediate Diploma in or BTEC National Diploma or National Certificate in Turf Science and Sports Ground Management or City & Guilds Advanced National Certificate in Horticulture.
• Thorough understanding of the relevant Health & Safety Regulations, Environmental Management and Employment legislation.
• Formal training in manual handling and risk assessment.
• A valid driving licence.
• PA1 and PA6 spraying certificate.
If you think you can add Value to our Team, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
40 hours per week; Match-day work throughout the season
Friday, 23 February 2018 - 11:45pm
Up to £32,000 plus benefits
London & East
020 8336 7487