St Edmund's College, Old Hall Green, Ware, Herts
St Edmund’s is a Catholic school in Hertfordshire steeped in history having been founded in 1568 by Cardinal William Allen and as such is the oldest Catholic School in England. The school has a strong Catholic ethos based on four key principles; Christ Centred Education, Scholarship of St Edmund, Education for the whole person and home and the wider community.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to relate to young people
- Able to work flexibly and independently
- Able to follow instructions accurately but make good judgments and lead when required
- Work in a team
- Keen to learn and develop own skills, and take on any necessary training where required
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- As this post involves considerable manual handling duties the post holder must have completed some form of Manual Handling Training (training will be given)
- An Awareness of Child Protection (training will be given)
- Hold a valid driving license
- Basic awareness of health and safety (training will be given)
- General DIY Skills
- General Gardening Skills
- NVQ level 2 Sports Turf Maintenance or IOG National Technical Certificate
- Experience in the use of grounds maintenance equipment such as hedge cutters, strimmer’s etc.
- Pesticide spraying PA1 and (Knap sack spraying)
- Use of Chain Saws – Maintenance, cross cutting and falling small trees
- Knowledge of Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
- First Aid Certificate (training can be provided)
- Tree surgery qualification (training can be provided)
Process to apply:
If you would like to apply please visit our website in order to download an application pack
Please return your completed application pack to the HR department by the closing date.
Full time, Permanent
40 hour week, normally 8.00am – 4.30pm
Monday, 27 May 2019 - 11:45pm
£18k - £19k depending on experience
London & East
01920 824 335