Crawley Borough Council, Crawley.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Crawley Borough Council’s Sportsgrounds team during a time when we are looking to develop both our summer and winter sports programs to improve the quality of our pitches all year round.
Working in a pair, you will be responsible for general maintenance of the parks and maintaining 3 Cricket Squares and 1 Bowling Green and 13 Winter Pitches for Football and Rugby, across 5 sites. You will also to support other teams with duties associated within Neighbourhood Services as and when required.
We need a committed, flexible person capable of delivering front-line services across the borough and ensuring high quality turf maintenance of our sportsgrounds in the most efficient and customer focused way.
You should have:
- Achieved or working towards the NVQ Level 2 in fine turf management.
- Considerable fine turf maintenance knowledge, including knowledge of the customer requirements for a wide range of outdoor sports, such as cricket, bowls, and winter sports pitches.
- Experience of use of related tools and machinery.
- Experience of working in small teams to deliver high quality maintenance work
- Good knowledge of workplace Health and Safety
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organisational skills and able to plan your own work if necessary
- Driving licence including BE Category
- Achieved or working towards the NVQ Level 2 in fine turf management
- Considerable fine turf maintenance knowledge
Process to apply:
For full details and to apply on-line, please visit www.crawley.gov.uk/careers. Please note CVs are not accepted without an application form. Applications without the correct postage will not be accepted by the Council.
In return, we offer excellent working conditions, as well as an attractive pension scheme.
37 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday. Working hours will be agreed with your patch leader but will be starting no earlier than 6:30am and finishing no later than 3pm.
Monday, 22 April 2019 - 11:45pm
£21,501 to £23,933 depending on experience
South West England