Arsenal Football Club, Emirates Stadium, London Borough of Islington.
Premier League Football Club
To work as part of a team in the maintenance and general upkeep of the Arsenal Hale End Youth Academy and Boreham Wood FC when required.
- Maintenance of the amenity landscapes - hand and ride on cutting of grass, strimming around trees, sprinklers, hand digging borders, spreading composts, incorporating into soil, leaf clearing, sweeping up hard standing areas, pruning shrubs, disposing of cuttings and debris, hand weeding sensitive areas around plants where chemical control is not permitted etc
- Tractor and trailer work when carrying out jobs
- Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas - use of turf cutters, edgers, scarification, seeding, stone buriers and seeders
- Grass cutting and strimming around ball stopping nets
- Pedestrian and ride on grass cutters on football pitches and surrounds
- Watering plants and other associated areas with handheld equipment
- Assisting in the renovation of pitches using equipment associated with this process e.g. tractor and trailer work, sand spreading
- Marking out pitches
- Helping with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags and seed bags ranging from 20-25kg.
- Cleaning equipment stores and associated washdown areas.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- To be qualified to NVQ level 2 or above in green keeping and groundsmanship or equivalent.
- Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 would also be an advantage
- Be experienced in being able to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, ride on mowers, scarification equipment, a wide range of renovation equipment, as well as hedge cutters, strimmers and all equipment associated with amenity landscapes.
- Previous experience in all aspects of grounds keeping, not only on playing surfaces but amenity landscapes as well
- Prior experience of carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of a training facility
- To be able to work not only as part of a team, but also to show the capabilities to work using your own initiative, with the ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
- Mechanical knowledge would also be an advantage i.e. dealing with mower breakdowns and routine maintenance on equipment
- Have a good mechanical knowledge of equipment and be able to assist when necessary in jobs in and around the workshop that require being undertaken, jobs include helping blade changing fabrication and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Be able to have a flexible attitude in carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of the training facility.
- Working to a high standard in looking after sports turf and amenity landscapes.
- Be physically fit enough to deal with the manual and physical demands of the job such as the manual handling of deliveries such as bags of material of various weights
- Have a meticulous approach to work when attention to detail is essential along with good communication skills when dealing with members of staff along with coaching staff.
- Ability to use a wide range of turf care equipment i.e. cylinder mowers, triple and five-unit mowers, scarification equipment plus a wide range of renovation equipment
- To be able to work not only as part of a team, but also to show the capabilities to work using your own initiative and providing a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
- Enjoy working to a high standard and have a flexible attitude, especially in terms of the unsocial hours that might be necessary.
- A passion or empathy with sport/sports entertainment
- Clean UK driving licence will be required due to different working locations
Process to apply:
Apply via https://www.arsenaljobs.com/search-list
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
This role requires individuals to work flexibly. There may be some evening and weekend work required.
Friday, 21 June 2019 - 11:45pm
Not disclosed at this time
London & East
020 704 4838