The information provided on this site is intended as a guide only. It does not constitute legal advice.
Links to other websites
We are happy for our members to link to any website provided it meets our editorial guidelines. The IOG reserves the right to remove a link if we become aware that:
- It is broken
- It is unsuitable for our audience
A web page is unsuitable if it contains, or directly links to, anything which is...
- Pornography & sexually explicit content
- Text & images likely to offend most people
- Hate sites (on grounds of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation)
- Gratuitous violence
- Condones or encourages unlawful acts
- Breaches copyright law or encourage others to do so (eg: peer-to-peer music sites, illegal downloads of software & games, etc)
- Defamation and contempt of court
- Hacking or other technical disruption to online services
- Describes how to conduct an unlawful act (e.g. bomb-making, fraud etc)
Presents access or safety problems...
- Pay-to-view or other subscription sites
- Sites which initiate a download
- Sites requiring obscure software
- 18+ sites (eg: gambling)
- Foreign language sites with no English language version
- Sites requiring registration before any content can be viewed
- Solely for-profit products and services (no editorial content)
- Pay-to-list directories
- Cascading sites (automatically launching numerous windows)
The fact that a link appears on a IOG community web page does not mean that the IOG in any way endorses the content of that website and is not responsible for its content or actions.
A Link is classed as broken if it is:
- Returning a "page not found" or similar error message
- Leading to a hosting portal's "page can't be found" message, or its default homepage
- Missing images, audio, video or flash files for sites dependent on these elements