The All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon
Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members’ club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon.
Wimbledon is the only tennis grand slam played on grass. The groundstaff deliver year-round maintenance and state of the art preparation for The Championships which sees around 3,500 hours of play across the world famous grass courts during each year's Tournament.
In addition, the groundstaff team maintain clay, hard and covered tennis courts, as well as croquet lawns for our Members and guests. Using the latest technology, combined with vast experience and skills, the groundstaff team support the delivery of the world's premier tennis tournament and one of the world's most prestigious tennis clubs.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club, home of the world's leading tennis tournament, is looking for a number of Seasonal Groundstaff to join us during the 2018 from mid-April to the end of October.
• Proven knowledge and practical experience gained in a professional environment
• Strong turf knowledge and qualifications
• Current full driving licence (Category B)
• Recognise that all events and matches are important to the image and the operation of the AELTC
• Basic numeracy
• Good verbal communication to meet job requirements
• Able to meet deadlines
• Willing to work extra hours and days in the build-up to, and during, The Championships
• Organised, efficient, professional and reliable
• Positive, flexible approach to work
• Able to lift and carry heavy loads
• Able to build good working relationships at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail
• NVQ Level 2, or equivalent in sports turf culture
• PA1 and PA6A training
• Knowledge of, and experience with, grass tennis courts and other tennis court surfaces to competition standard
To find out more, and to apply, visit www.wimbledon.com/jobs
40 hours per week
Thursday, 7 December 2017 - 12:00pm
Competitive + excellent benefits
London & East
+44 (0) 20 8944 1066