Sports-e-Quipment, an established supplier of sports posts and netting, grass seed, fertilisers and line marking equipment, is sponsoring the IOG Industry Award for the Independent School & College Sports Ground of the Year as “a small gesture of being able to give something back to the customers we have in this sector”, says managing director Garry Worrall.
The former professional footballer launched Sports-e-Quipment 17 years ago and, today, the company’s client list ranges from independent schools and local authorities to golf clubs and the Premiership including Aston Villa FC, which receives a wide range of products for use at its substantial training facilities as well as at Villa Park.
“We pride ourselves on the level of customer service and technical expertise we provide to all customers – whatever their budgets,” says Garry.
“Our sponsorship of the IOG Award is the perfect fit for the company – not only will the Award recognise best practice and expertise at independent schools and colleges, but it also means Sports-e-Quipment is promoted in a scheme that really means something to everyone involved in this industry.”
The Awards will be held at SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff, on Thursday November 25 - the same day/venue as the IOG Industry Sports Turf Conference.
The IOG Industry Awards comprise 16 categories of entry covering sport, grass roots, young people and the environment:
- The Groundsman’s Groundsman of the Year
- Spectator Sports Ground of the Year
- Independent School Sports Ground of the Year
- Best Maintained Artificial Pitch of the Year
- Professional Sports Grounds Management Team of the Year
- Public Sector Sports Ground of the Year
- Grass Roots Sports Ground of the Year
- Volunteer Sports Grounds Management Team of the Year
- Volunteer Sports Groundsman of the Year
- Most Promising Sports Turf Student of the Year
- Young Groundsman of the Year
- Environmental Project of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Innovation in Grounds Maintenance
- Public sector outdoor facility of the year
- Lifetime Achievement of the Year.
With industry-recognised judges, each category will be judged on criteria which will include available resources, budget control, maintenance and use of machinery, presentation and housekeeping standards, technical knowledge, scale of operations and frequency of use, health & safety management, record keeping, environmental issues, community involvement and training & education.
Visit www.iogawards.com for full information, including category and entry/nomination details.