Vitax Supaturf continues to sponsor IOG Award for Public Sector Sports Ground of the Year
Vitax Supaturf continue to support and sponsor the IOG Awards
Vitax Supaturf, a division of Vitax Amenity and a market leader and worldwide supplier of high-quality line marking paints and machines, is for the second successive year sponsoring the IOG Industry Award for the Public Sector Sports Ground of the Year.
Mike King, Vitax’s Sales and Marketing Manager, says Supaturf products have been in evidence on many major sporting venues this summer both in the UK and abroad, and by sponsoring the Award the company has the opportunity to publicly show its support for the industry.
“It’s nice to give recognition to people whose hard work and expertise is often taken for granted,” he said. The Awards will be held at SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff, on Thursday November 25 - the same day/venue as the IOG Industry Conference.
The IOG Industry Awards comprise 16 categories of entry covering sport, grass roots, young people and the environment:
- The Groundsman’s Groundsman of the Year
- Spectator Sports Ground of the Year
- Independent School Sports Ground of the Year
- Best Maintained Artificial Pitch of the Year
- Professional Sports Grounds Management Team of the Year
- Public Sector Sports Ground of the Year
- Grass Roots Sports Ground of the Year
- Volunteer Sports Grounds Management Team of the Year
- Volunteer Sports Groundsman of the Year
- Most Promising Sports Turf Student of the Year
- Young Groundsman of the Year
- Environmental Project of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Innovation in Grounds Maintenance
- Public sector outdoor facility of the year
- Lifetime Achievement of the Year.
With industry-recognised judges, each category will be judged on criteria which will include available resources, budget control, maintenance and use of machinery, presentation and housekeeping standards, technical knowledge, scale of operations and frequency of use, health & safety management, record keeping, environmental issues, community involvement and training & education.
Visit www.iogawards.com for full information, including category and entry/nomination details.